The System Administrator is responsible for effective planning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
Primary responsibilities include implementing and supporting Windows PC and server environments including Windows Server 2003, 2008, and 2012 Windows XP and 7, Citrix and Remote Desktop Services. Knowledge of Linux, VMware and/or Cisco a strong plus.
- Day-to-day operations and administration of systems supported by ADD Systems
- Technical support for the systems including responding to Help Desk tickets and working with users and customers to resolve issues.
- Monitor CRM queue for assigned work.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Performing system upgrades and maintenance tasks, including installation and configuration of Windows operating systems, administration of user accounts, and maintenance of system security posture.
- Architectural design, implementation and continuous improvement of support and application system infrastructure.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media.
- Upgrade and configure proprietary and third party software
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Provide emergency on-call support on a rotating schedule.
- All other duties deemed necessary by the company.
Knowledge / Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 3 - 5 years or relevant work experience preferred
- Advanced knowledge of MS Windows 2003/2008/2012 Server environments
- Advanced knowledge of MS Windows XP and 7
- General understanding of technologies, including: Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, MS Exchange , Anti-Virus, TCP/IP
- Ability to work well in a team environment, promote customer service and handle complex technical issues
- Knowledge of any of the following is also preferred: Cisco, VMware, Linux, SQL, IIS
For more information, please contact Allyson Wright at 800-922-0972 or email firstname.lastname@example.org