ADD SYSTEMS AT WORK PHOTO CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER TO ENTER. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to any individual who is a legal resident of the 50 United States (excluding Puerto Rico residents) or the District of Columbia or of Canada (other than Quebec) and is 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and their immediate families of Advanced Digital Data, Inc. (“ADD Systems”) and any of ADD Systems affiliated companies are not eligible. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law.
- AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Entry in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of ADD Systems, which are final and binding. Winning a Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein in a timely manner.
- SPONSOR: ADD Systems, located at 6 Laurel Drive, Flanders, NJ, is the sole sponsor of the Contest. The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Twitter.
- CONTEST TERM: The Contest begins at 12:00 A.M. Eastern Time on Wednesday, August 8, 2018 and will continue until 11:59 P.M. Eastern Time on Friday, August 31, 2018 or such shorter or longer period as ADD Systems determines in its sole discretion (the “Contest Term”). Entries received prior to or after the Contest Term will be disqualified. ADD Systems is the official timekeeper for the Contest Term, and all timekeeping decisions of ADD Systems shall be final.
- ENTRY: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER: There is one method of entry for the Contest, which does not require a purchase (nor will a purchase or payment of any kind increase chances of winning).
- The method of entry is to submit a photo image through a form on the ADD Systems website. There are no limits on the number of times an entrant may enter the Contest by submitting a photo image, so long as each shared photo image is unique. Uniqueness shall be determined in ADD Systems’s sole discretion. Entrants will also be asked to provide the following information: Name, physical address and email address.
- Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that entrant’s image submitted in the Contest, including, but not limited to, all works of authorship, comments and derivative works, whether or not subject to copyright protection, made, conceived, expressed, written or authored by entrant, solely or jointly with others, in connection with any submission shall, upon such submission, become the exclusive property of ADD Systems together with all copyrights and other intellectual property rights therein and thereto, as well as all of the result and proceeds of the submission hereunder throughout the world in perpetuity, free of any and all claims by entrant or entrant’s agents, assignees and successors-in-interest. Entrant hereby irrevocably transfers, conveys and assigns to ADD Systems all right, title and interest, including the copyright and any other rights, in and to the submitted image. Entrant hereby waives and releases any and all claims that entrant may now have or may hereafter acquire with respect to the submitted image and to the derivative works and proceeds thereof. ADD Systems shall have the unlimited right to exploit the submitted screenshot for any purpose or use in any and all media throughout the world in perpetuity. ADD Systems shall have no obligation to exploit any submitted image.
- Each entrant represents and warrants that: (i) entrant owns all rights, licenses, consents and releases necessary to enter such photo in the Contest, free and clear of any claims, restrictions or other agreements that conflict with or adversely affect entrance in the Contest; and (ii) neither the photo nor entrant’s submission of it to ADD Systems, or ADD Systems’s use of it, will infringe, misappropriate or violate any patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, confidential information, moral rights, or other proprietary or intellectual property rights, or rights of publicity or privacy of any third party, or result in the violation of any applicable law or regulation.
- Entries will not be acknowledged. ADD Systems and its affiliates assume no responsibility for any lost entries or any computer, Internet or technical malfunctions that might occur during the entry process. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service will apply.
- ADD Systems is not responsible for entries that it does not receive for any reason, or for entries that it receives but are ineligible under these Official Rules. ADD Systems will automatically disqualify any incomplete or illegible entry.
- In the event of a dispute as to the identity of any entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address used to submit the image, will be deemed to be the entrant. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the entry.
- ENTRY LIMITATIONS: Eligible participants are limited to entry in the Contest as specified in Section 5 and Section 12. ALL ELIGIBLE ENTRIES FOR THE CONTEST WILL BE ENTERED INTO THE CONTEST. Entries by any method other than set forth in Section 5 and Section 12 are void. ADD Systems is not responsible for entries that it does not receive for any reason, or for entries that it receives but are ineligible under these Official Rules.
- WINNERS; PRIZES:
- During the course of the Contest, a number of photos (the number to be determined in ADD Systems’s sole discretion) submitted to ADD Systems will be selected to be posted on the ADD Systems website, Twitter and Facebook pages. At 10:00 A.M. on September 1st, five (5) winners will be chosen from the pool of entrants. The odds of winning the Contest depend to some extent on the number of eligible entries received for the Contest. The winners will be chosen by one or more employees of ADD Systems based on their own arbitrary criteria.
- The winner will receive a prize (the “ADD Systems Prize Pack” or the “Prize”) consisting of ADD Systems promotional clothing, USB hub/drive, tumbler and items of similar value.
- RULES APPLICABLE TO PRIZES. All Prizes are nontransferable and non-refundable and must be accepted as awarded. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by ADD Systems, who reserves the right to substitute for items in the ADD Systems Prize Pack different ADD Systems promotional items of equal or greater value if items in the ADD Systems Prize Pack are not available for any reason as determined by ADD Systems in its sole discretion. Winners are responsible for any taxes associated with the receipt of a Prize.
- NOTIFICATION OF POTENTIAL WINNER: ADD Systems will attempt to notify the potential Winners by email within 24 hours after the determination of such Winners. If a Winner cannot be located or does not respond within 48 hours of the sending of notification by ADD Systems, that Winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential Winner will be drawn from the pool of remaining valid entries. Alternate potential winners will be notified by email. ADD Systems and its affiliates, or their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents, will not be liable for unsuccessful efforts to notify a potential winner.
- REQUIREMENTS OF THE POTENTIAL WINNER Except where prohibited by law, each Winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility (the “Affidavit”), which includes a liability release and a release authorizing the use of the Winner’s name and likeness for purposes consistent with these Official Rules. If a Winner is ineligible to receive a Prize; does not qualify for a Prize; fails for any reason to respond within 48 hours of being notified of being a Winner; and/or fails or declines to execute and return original, fully and properly executed Affidavit to ADD Systems postmarked within the required time period, that Winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential Winner will be drawn from the pool of remaining valid entries.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: ADD Systems reserves the right to cancel, suspend, and/or modify the Contest if any fraud, virus or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security or proper play of the Contest, as determined by ADD Systems in its sole discretion. The use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed or like methods (including without limitation the use of any promotion/Contest subscription, notification, entry or like sites or services that offer Contest entry services “on behalf of” entrant) is strictly prohibited. In such event, ADD Systems reserves the right to award Prizes from among the valid entries received up to the time of the impairment. ADD Systems reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any false information provided by any entrant concerning his/her identify or mailing address or any non-compliance by an entrant with these Official Rules may result in the immediate disqualification of the entrant from this Contest. ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, ADD SYSTEMS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. ADD Systems’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- PUBLICITY: Notwithstanding any other term herein, except where prohibited by law, submission of any entry constitutes the entrant’s consent to use of his/her name, likeness, voice, state of residence, employer, biographical and Prize information, statements about the promotion and/or the entrant’s photo or anything submitted to enter into the Contest for advertising and promotional purposes in any media now known or hereafter devised without review, notification, approval or compensation.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: BY PARTICIPATING IN THE CONTEST, EACH ENTRANT AGREES TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS ADD SYSTEMS AND ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AND EACH OF THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS AND TWITTER AND FACEBOOK (THE “RELEASED PARTIES”), FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIM OR CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR RECEIPT OR USE OF THE PRIZE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO: (A) ANY INACCURATE INFORMATION, WHETHER CAUSED BY ENTRANT’S OR PRINTER ERRORS; (B) UNAUTHORIZED HUMAN INTERVENTION IN ANY PART OF THE CONTEST; (C) TECHNICAL FAILURES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED, TO ELECTRONIC MALFUNCTIONING OF ANY WEBSITE, NETWORK, HARDWARE OR SOFTWARE; (D) TECHNICAL OR HUMAN ERROR WHICH MAY OCCUR IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE CONTEST OR THE PROCESSING OF ENTRIES; OR (E) ANY INJURY OR DAMAGE TO PERSONS OR PROPERTY INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DEATH, WHICH MAY BE CAUSED, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FROM THE ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST OR THE RECEIPT OF THE PRIZE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING IN THESE RULES AND IN THIS PROMOTION, INCLUDING THE PRIZE, IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. Some jurisdictions may not allow the limitations or exclusion of implied warranties, so some of the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to all entrants. Each entrant should check his/her local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding these limitations or exclusions.
- DISPUTES: Except where prohibited by law, each entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the State of New Jersey; and (b) entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages, including attorney’s fees. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of ADD Systems in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New Jersey.
- RULES: A copy of these Official Rules will be posted at https://www.addsys.com/adds-at-work-photo-contest-rules/.