Nervous about ransomware? You’re not alone. A ransomware infection can happen to anyone at any time. It’s important for your employees to understand the impact these viruses can have on your company and learn how to prevent such attacks. Here are some simple but effective practices you can implement to prevent a ransomware infection:
1. Update and patch your computer with the latest Windows Updates and Virus Definitions.
2. Use caution with links and when entering website addresses.
3. Open email attachments with caution. Be wary of opening attachments, even from senders you think you know, particularly when attachments are compressed files or ZIP files.
4. Verify email senders. If you are unsure whether or not an email is legitimate, try to verify the email’s legitimacy by contacting the sender directly. Do not click on any links in the email.
5. Use and maintain preventative software programs. Install antivirus software, firewalls, and email filters—and keep them updated.
For more IT tips, keep an eye out for a registration link for our Free Webinar with Fuels Market News on March 17, or contact us today.
You can also check out this guest blog by Scantron Technology Solutions to learn about key IT services to help your business maintain confidence amidst challenges.
Leave a Reply