The latest EMV (Europay, MasterCard, Visa) chip-card requirements have triggered many retailers to update or change their POS systems. The task of changing out a POS can be quite daunting considering all elements that are needed for you to quickly serve your customer. Below you will find a list of topics you may want to consider when reviewing your POS options.
- Does the POS company focus on the c-store vertical? Do they comply with the industry standards from Conexxus?
- What is the procedure for servicing the POS equipment? What repairs can you do yourself and will they provide training on this?
- What integration options do you need? Think beyond dispensers and payment processing and consider safes, loyalty, price signs, kiosks, etc..
- How configurable is the system? Can you restrict certain sales? Does it support fractional quantities? How well does it support deals such as mix and match, combo’s and BOGO’s (“Buy One Get One” free)?
- Are there any proprietary networks that you will need to support / connect to? Triple E, Fleetcor, Intevacon, Gasboy, etc…
- What does your brand recommend? (ExxonMobil, Shell, Chevron, BP, ConocoPhillips, etc.) Does your brand offer any financial incentive to select one over another?
Providing the best back office support with your POS is important to ADD Systems. ADD eStore® interfaces with many point-of-sale systems for effortless exchange of item-level detail, price setup, journal scan data and more. ADD Systems supports several POS types without bias. We maintain a lab environment with equipment from VeriFone, Gilbarco, NCR Radiant, Wayne and others.
Alex Fassas from REDI MART Convenience Stores recently installed 16 VeriFone Commanders. He shared that,
The eStore part of the upgrades has been the easy part, thanks to good planning and engineering on the part of the ADD Systems team.
Whether you are setting up a new POS or just reconfiguring an existing POS, the ADD Systems’ integration is well explained, well documented and well supported.
For more information on using ADD eStore for your home office and back office convenience store operations, please visit addsys.com or give us a call at 800-922-0972.