It’s all about the weather…
September weather is always unpredictable, but what we do know for sure is that colder temperatures are right around the corner. Have you prepared enough in the off season to set yourself up for one of your best winters yet? If you did, congratulations. If not, there is still time, but it is running short.
The 2019 Farmers’ Almanac, which provides 16 months’ of weather forecasts for 7 zones in one compact book, is predicting that winter 2019 will be “colder-than-normal… from the Continental Divide east through the Appalachians.”
Farmers’ Almanac Winter Outlook at a Glance:
Colder-than-normal conditions are predicted from the Continental Divide east through the Appalachians.
Above-normal snowfall is predicted for the Great Lakes, Midwest, New England, and Pacific Northwest.
Frigid weather is expected in mid-February, which may also bring blustery and bitter winds, and widespread snow showers, especially in zones 1, 2, and 3.
Winter will hang on with stormy conditions up through the official start of spring, especially for the East.
Winter Weather Checklist
- Did you get training for all of your new employees, and older employees who need a tune up?
- Did you add automation to your business to handle more tasks with less effort? Add a comprehensive management system, like ADD Energy E3, to integrate your accounts receivable, credit, delivery, service, and inventory.
- Did you add the latest electronics to your delivery truck fleet? Will Calls are coming – can you support same day service with high call volume? Maximize fuel delivery efficiency with durable Raven tablets through complete wireless integration with the ADD Energy E3 back office software.
- Did you make your drivers lives easier (and increase your profitability) with companion technology? Bring all the functionality out of the cab and into the hand of the driver on a small Android device with Raven Companion to improve driver efficiency, ensure deliveries are made to the correct tank, and more
- Have you been keeping up with updates? Software updates, account updates, and general maintenance are keys to a healthy system and business. If you have fallen behind, we are here to help.
- Have you maximized your opportunity to sell budget programs? Not all customers want the same plan, offer options and look for ways to enhance your budget program.
- Do you have a weather emergency protocol in place? How will you notify customers of changes in schedule? What accounts do you need to hit before a weather impact? Proper planning can make these worries a thing of the past!
Last Minute Opportunities
Don’t leave your customers in the cold. There is still time to contact ADD and see what you can do now to prepare for the coming cold season.